Are you a member of a local bike club? Is your bike club interested in becoming a Ride Illinois affiliated club? Many bike clubs in Illinois are affiliated clubs, meaning they support our efforts through annual contributions.
Why should you ask your club to become a Ride Illinois affiliated club?
- Our staff organizes an annual ride brochure mailing to approximately 10,000 cycling enthusiasts in Illinois, saving affiliated clubs time and money in promoting their organized rides.
- We alert affiliated clubs about state and local bicycling issues, and act as a resource on local advocacy efforts.
- We can provide affiliated club members with our Illinois Bike Law cards and other materials.
- We send clubs our Upshift newsletter, as well as advocacy stories and alerts for use in their own newsletters.
- We can provide a presentation about Ride Illinois and bike advocacy issues at one of your bike club meetings.
Ride Illinois depends heavily on the support of our individual members and our affiliated bike clubs. To increase our strength in Springfield and elsewhere, we need the backing of as many bicyclists as possible.
Bike club membership levels, and a list of current affiliated bike clubs, is available on our Affiliated Bike Clubs page. To become an affiliated club, you can make a donation online or mail a check to Ride Illinois, 2550 Cheshire Dr., Aurora, IL 60504. Email email@example.com for more information about affiliated bike club membership and benefits.