With funding from the Lumpkin Family Foundation, Ride Illinois has started work on a Bicycle Transportation Plan for the City of Charleston, home of Eastern Illinois University. The purpose is to fully integrate bicycling as a viable mode of transportation within the community. The bicycle plan will identify bike network improvements, educational efforts, and more.
To kick off the bike plan, Ride Illinois will lead a public brainstorming workshop on Thursday, August 3rd at 6:00 p.m. at the Charleston Carnegie Public Library, 712 6th Street, Charleston, Illinois 61920. Please bring your ideas for bike routes throughout the City. Your input will help focus the planning effort and prioritize where improvements should be made. If you are unable to attend, please feel free to submit your ideas to the City’s Steve Pamperin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The workshop’s 90-minute agenda will include:
1. Introduction of the bicycle planning effort
2. Description of some types of improvements that may be considered
3. Attendees will mark up individual maps with their ideas
4. Small groups prioritize ad report suggestions
5. Next steps – plus how to stay involved and updated
To RSVP for this event on Facebook click here.
Ride Illinois has created bike plans for 18 Illinois communities and assisted dozens of others. Learn more here.