Ride Illinois is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving bicycling conditions throughout the state. We are the advocate for all Illinois bicyclists, promoting bicycle access, education, and safety.
We work with local, state, and federal officials on behalf of bicyclists and:
- Advocate for bike friendly road designs and policies
- Promote trail development and funding at the local, state, and federal levels
- Educate officials on how their towns can be bicycle friendly
- Develop bicycle safety education programs for cyclists and motorists
- Serve on transportation policy-making committees
- Propose legislation and other programs protecting cyclists’ rights on the roads
Ride Illinois works with individual bicyclists to guide their local efforts and:
- Help them make an impact in their community by distilling issues down to simple action alerts
- Offer opportunities for individuals to get involved locally, and provide them with technical, strategic, and organizing resources
- Distribute information and answer questions on bike safety, bike laws, rides and clubs, and much more
We work in cooperation with other local, state, and national bicycle organizations and:
- Are a member of a national coalition promoting favorable policies and funding levels for bike facilities
- Collaborate with many local bike clubs and advocates and support their work through our statewide network.
We’re working statewide for better bicycling, so you can get out there and Ride Illinois!