Roll into 2017 with some R.E.A.L. resolutions to Ride, Explore, Act, and Learn.
- Stay motivated by setting a mileage goal for the year. Then track your progress alongside other Ride Illinois members and supporters on one of our mileage logs. It’s a fun and convenient way to make sure you reach your goal, and maybe even inspire some competition with others!
- Opt for your bike more often than your car, especially for short distances such as trips to the gym (get a head start on your workout), a quick trip to the grocery store (buy those cookies now that you’re burning calories), or your commute to Metra or work (start your workday without the headache of traffic).
- Join a local bike club to ride with others and make new friends.
- Continue riding through winter – it’s not as difficult as you may think!
Explore Illinois By Bike
- Vacation by bike and experience our state’s historical and cultural charms on our fully supported Grand Illinois Bike Tour with up to 225 other riders this June.
- Plan your own long-distance bike adventure and visit an area of Illinois you’ve never been to using our many guides and maps.
- Or participate in one of the many single-day, organized rides happening throughout the state between March and October.
Take Action and Help Us Make Biking Better in Illinois
Learn How to Ride Safely Throughout the Year
- Brush up on your bike safety skills and learn to be both a safer cyclist and motorist on the road by taking a quiz at BikeSafetyQuiz.com.